CUNY Libraries Branch Out April 14th!
New York Public Library is an outstanding resource for CUNY J-School students and faculty, with research materials, e-books, film DVDs, music, and so much more. We’re partnering with NYPL’s Mid- Manhattan Library for an event in the CUNY J-School Research Center on Thursday, April 14th from 11am to 3pm. Sign up for library cards, get information on public library services, and more!
What you need to get a New York Public Library card in the Research Center on Thursday April 14th:
Any person who lives, works, attends school or pays property taxes in New York State is eligible to receive a New York Public Library card free of charge.
Adults may provide only one piece of identification if it is 1 of the following valid New York State IDs:
• Current driver’s license
• Current photo learner’s permit
• Current non-driver’s identification
If the above documentation is not available, any 2 of the following forms of identification are acceptable for adults and/or young adults, provided one shows a photo and name and/or signature and the other the applicant’s current address:
• Current college or university photo ID card
• Current employee photo ID card
• New York City welfare ID card
• Current Armed Services ID card
• Alien Registration photo ID card
• Matricula Consular (Mexican CID)
• Current passport
• Medicare/Medicaid card
• Social Security card
• Birth certificate
• Medicare/Medicaid card
• New York State motor vehicle registration
• Professional, vocational or union photo ID
• Current rent bill or lease agreement
• Tax bill or receipt**
• Transit pass
• Current photo ID with signature and expiration date issued by an embassy or consulate in New York
• Statement from a homeless shelter*
• Bank statement**
• Cable, phone or utility bill**
• Any piece of mail delivered by the US Post Office**
*Note: Post office boxes are not accepted as mailing addresses. Proof of residence is required.
**Note: Any tax bills, rent receipts or statements from a homeless shelter used for verification of your identity must be dated no more than 3 months prior to the application date.
**Note: Any of the above must be dated within the last 3 months, as indicated by the postmark or date of printed e-bill.
The name and address provided to verify your identification must match the information entered on the application.http://www.nypl.org/help/library-card/terms-conditions#Eligibility